Sales & Prices
Hint: click on 'Sales Rank' or 'Price (New)' in the chart below to show or hide the data.
Breville BES840BSXL The Infuser Espresso Machine, Black Sesame is currently selling at $464.99, approximately $11.31 lower than average. With a lowest price of $464.99 and an average of $476.30 it is selling on the low end of its usual range. Price volatility is 5.94% (meaning it changes a few times a week). Right now this product is a recommended 'good deal'. The current deal is also the best price on this item over the last month.
Breville BES840BSXL The Infuser Espresso Machine, Black Sesame Price Comparison List
Compare the current price, savings (in dollars & percent) and Buy Ratings for the top Espresso Machines that are closely related to Breville BES840BSXL The Infuser Espresso Machine, Black Sesame.
Here is how Breville BES840BSXL The Infuser Espresso Machine, Black Sesame ranks in comparison to all other Espresso Machines within this list.
Why the Breville BES840BSXL Infuser Espresso Machine?
For espresso with a well-balanced flavor, flavor needs to be drawn evenly from all the coffee grinds. What is the best way to prepare the grinds for an even extraction?
Rather than starting with bursts of high pressure, the Breville Infuser Espresso Machine in Black Sesame starts with steady, low pressure to gently expand the grinds. This helps fills in any cracks, gaps, or irregularities in the coffee puck before full pressure is applied, so even pressure is applied to all parts of the coffee puck and optimal flavor is extracted.
The BES840BSXL has both automatic features, like temperature settings, and programmable features like volumetric control. The key features that set it apart from other espresso machines in its price range are the pre-infusion technology, the thermocoil heating system, and PID temperature control technology. See chart below for details.
Other helpful features include a cup warmer on the top of the machine and a feature that removes excess water from the filter basket after coffee extraction, so the used grounds form a dry puck for quicker cleanup. The machine goes into 'Sleep Mode' after 1 hour and automatically shuts off after 3 hours. There is extra-tall cup clearance for brewing directly into travel mugs.
Other touches include an ‘Empty Me!’ indicator that lets you know when the removable drip tray is full and a ‘Clean Me’ cleaning alert. The storage tray houses the included accessories. Lastly, all parts that come in contact with water and coffee are BPA free.
- The 61 fl. oz. (1.8 L) removable water tank is a top-fill tank with a handle. It has a replaceable water filter to reduce impurities and scale.
- The 1600W thermocoil heating system circulates the water through a heated coil, heating water ‘on demand’ for better temperature consistency. It also uses PID technology to regulate the temperature.
- A 54mm stainless steel portafilter with commercial style spouts and a 54mm tamper are also included for expert tamping control. The tamper is stored magnetically on the machine, but is easily removable for tamping.
- The dry puck feature removes excess water from the ground coffee in the filter basket for easy disposal of the coffee puck.
- The espresso pressure gauge helps you monitor espresso extraction pressure, so you know whether the espresso is being over- or under-extracted.
- The volumetric control functionlets you set shot volumes. Use either the preset volumes or manually over-ride them with your own preferences. Once you figure out what volumes you prefer, you can program it to remain at your customized setting.
- The dedicated outlet for instant hot water (for making Americanos, hot chocolate, and for warming cups).
- The steam wand is used for effortless milk frothing for making lattes and cappuccinos. It is made of stainless steel and swivels 360 degrees to accommodate different size frothing jugs.
- The auto purge function automatically adjusts the temperature of the water used for steaming milk and extracting espresso. The function automatically begins to cool the boiler to the optimal temperature for espresso extraction after using the steam wand.
- The removable drip tray is partitioned for both wet and dry spills, with an 'Empty me!' indicator for when it’s full.
- Pre-infusion function applies low water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand grinds for an even extraction;Voltage: 110 - 120 Volts
- Power: 1650 Watts; thermo coil heating system with integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature
- Auto purge function automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
- 15 bar Italian pump provides complete volumetric control - preset, manual over-ride or re-programmable volumes
* We compare Amazon prices on an hourly basis and analyze this data to help you make better buying decisions. Our 'Buy Rating' metric is calculated using a combination of the current price, average price, best price, and price volatility. The 'Sales Performance' metric takes into account sales rank changes to determine how a product competes with all other products in its primary category (i.e. electronics, video games, books, etc).